Families are our priority at ReCAST Church. We believe that parents are the primary teachers and spiritual nurturers of their children. It is the church’s role to help equip parents and to come along side them as they teach when “sitting at home, walking along the way, when lying down, and when getting up.” (Deut. 6: 6-8) With that in mind, below are some resources that can help parents in their efforts to lead and influence their kids in their journey of faith.
- Family Life is a non-profit ministry that offers practical help and advice to strengthen marriages and families through conferences, radio broadcasts and other resources.
- Focus on the Family provides relevant Christian advice on marriage, parenting and other topics. Find practical resources for every age and lifestage.
- What’s in the Bible from Veggie Tales creator, Phil Vischer
- JellyTelly is an online television network created by Phil Vischer (the co-creator of VeggieTales). The goal of the site, is to be a Nickelodeon of sorts for Christian audiences. It is currently a website, which streams a little over 20 minutes a day of content, but Vischer has stated he plans to launch larger projects having to do with the network in the future.
- For girls – Secret Keeper Girl values modesty, she surrounds herself with wise friends and she embraces Godly beauty. Many resources here for moms and daughters.
- Plugged In reviews movies, videos, music, TV and games from a Christian perspective.
- DrugRehab – a website that provides information and support to people fighting substance abuse and addiction.
*Some of these books are available at the ReCAST Kids Resource Center!*
- Parenting with Scripture (Durbin)
- Parenting- 14 Gospel Principles to Radically Change Your Family (Tripp)
- Teach Them Diligently (Tripp)
- Shepherding a Child’s Heart (Tripp)
- Bringing Up Boys (Dobson)
- Bringing Up Girls (Dobson)
- The Strong-Willed Child (Dobson)
- Dare to Discipline (Dobson)
- 5 Love Languages of Children (Chapman)
- Raising a Modern Day Knight (Lewis)
- Lies Young Women Believe (Gresh, DeMoss)
- Praying the Scriptures for Your Children (Berndt)
- Preparing for Adolescence (Dobson)
- Interviewing Your Daughter’s Date (Rainey)
- How to Lead a Child to Christ (Smith)
- The Joy of a Word Filled Family (Barnett)
Glorious God, Glorious Gospel (Michael & Nelson)
Indestructible Joy (Truth 78)
- The GoodNight Bible (Lingo) (For toddlers)
- Leading Little Ones to God: A Child’s Book of Bible Teachings (Schoolland) (for grade school kids)
- God’s Wisdom for Little Girls/Boys (George)
- The Princess and the Kiss (Bishop)
- The Squire and the Scroll (Bishop)
- The Case for Christ for Kids (Strobel)
- NIV Adventure Bible
- ESV Seek and Find Bible
- The Jesus Storybook Bible
- Chronicles of Narnia (Lewis)
- Sticky Situations – daily devotions (Schmitt)
- Adventures in Odyssey (grade school kids)
- The Pond (preschool kids)
- Down Gilead Lane and Keys for Kids from CBH Ministries
Keith & Kristyn Getty Bible songs