The following expectations will hopefully serve as a guideline for processes and procedures in ReCAST Kids during this time of COVID-19. These expectations are centered around the return to indoor children’s ministry starting October 4, 2020.
- All teachers and volunteers will wear masks in the classroom. The exception is that teachers may remove their masks while teaching in a designated area marked on the floor of each classroom.
- The goal is to keep each classroom to under 15 children and during weeks when the number of children exceeds 15 we will open another room and split the group in two.
- A helper or teacher will be given a digital thermometer and all children will have their temperature checked before entering the classroom. In the event that a child has a fever (over 100.5) they will need to be calmly escorted back to their parents.
- All children will need to wash their hands upon entry into the classroom, and before they collect their materials and take their seats.
- Children may not attend ReCAST Kids if they, or anyone else in their household has any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath). Children who have siblings that have symptoms or have tested positive for COVID-19 will need to be asked to sit out of ReCAST Kids for the recommended time of two weeks.
- We are not able to guarantee that children will be socially distanced in our classrooms on Sunday morning.