1. The purpose of the Safe Haven Policy is:
- to provide a safe environment for our children.
- to protect our teachers, workers, and the church from false accusations.
2. Any volunteer who is in a teaching role must have professed Jesus Christ as his or her personal Savior.
3. All volunteers must complete an application form and be approved by an Elder.
4. Adults who have committed or have been convicted of child abuse, whether physical or sexual, shall not volunteer service in any church sponsored activity or program for children or youth.
5. No volunteer shall ever be alone with a youth under the age of 18. Alone is defined as a non-public place that purposely avoids people.
6. Volunteers may only transport youth with parental consent, and with at least two unrelated volunteers in the vehicle.
7. Volunteers shall immediately report an confirmation of child abuse to the Children’s Director or the Lead Pastor.
8. Junior workers* must have parental consent, be approved by an Elder and the Youth Director or ReCAST Kids Director, and must always have an unrelated and approved adult volunteer present when they are working.
*defined as any volunteer under 18 years of age
9. Any two or more volunteers helping children shall not be from the same family. If members of a family work together, there shall be at least one other approved adult volunteer working with them.
10. Only adults shall change diapers (unless written parental consent to do so is obtained for workers under age 18). When taking children to the restroom, another approved adult volunteer must be notified and the door shall remain partially open.
11. When it becomes necessary to discipline a child, neither humiliation nor corporal punishment shall ever be used.
12. A volunteer is allowed to use minimal physical restraint to protect themselves and/or other students.
13. All children, if transported under the care of ReCAST Church, must wear a seatbelt.
14. If a volunteer finds himself in a situation contrary to the policy or in any circumstance that could cause an allegation, he shall complete an incident report detailing the circumstances for a clear written record of the event or issue and turn it in.