Position Title: Youth Pastor Intern
Report to: ReCAST Lead Pastor
Time: 40 hours per week, non-exempt, hourly
Hours: Generally Sunday 9-1pm, 5-9pm and weekly office hours with some flexibility. Also must attend coordinated events as needed. One weekday off to compensate for Sunday.
To assist families by guiding middle and high school students into growing in faith, growing in community and growing in service at ReCAST Church in Mattawan, Michigan.
- Supervises teachers for middle school and high school. Must be able to teach in absence of volunteer teachers.
- Recruits, trains, supports, and schedules qualified workers for events and gatherings.
- Maintains regular communication with students and parents of students at ReCAST.
- Provides spiritual guidance for parents who are training their own teens in Christian belief and practice.
- Coordinates monthly activities for high school and middle school students, separately.
- Stays within the budget allotted for youth ministries.
- Meets with the Lead Pastor weekly for discipleship and attends weekly staff meetings.
- Performs background checks on all youth ministry volunteers and follows up with references.
- Maintains communication between church at large and the youth ministry through established lines of communication.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Bible, ministry, or related field
- Positive, teachable, and encouraging attitude required
- Meet Biblical qualifications of an elder
- Must possess organizational and administrative skills
- Must possess interpersonal communication skills
- Must exhibit a love for teens, families, and the lost
- Must submit to a background check prior to hire
- Member of ReCAST Church (must become a member upon hire)
- Willing to agree with and work under the ReCAST Elders’ Affirmation of Faith (available upon request)
- Willing to agree to one year of employment with possible extension