1 Peter 3:8
“Finally, all of you, have unity of mind, sympathy, brotherly love, a tender heart, and a humble mind.”
Watch our recorded Sunday service from Sunday, June 7, for a message from Pastor Don on that verse.
We are excited to start meeting together again in person!
The two fold goal in planning for these meetings is to:
- Do the best we can to avoid spreading COVID-19…
- WHILE honoring God’s instructions to gather together.
We will start meeting together on SUNDAY, June 14!
The plan, as of today (June 8, 2020), is to meet together under a tent outside in the ReCAST parking lot. We will have 100 plastic folding chairs set up in groups for families to sit spread out from other families.
We hope to set things up well so people who still need to be cautious about gathering in person can come and stay in their cars, pulling up to the back or side of the tent, and tune their radio in to the AV. Then, hopefully, participate in the service from their car.
We will have TWO SERVICES that will last about an hour.
- Sunday @ 9:00am
- Sunday @ 11:00am
If it rains, or there is significant chance of rain in the forecast, we will meet inside with strict (probably uncomfortably strict) mitigation measures in place.
We would make these decisions to move inside by Sunday morning by 5:00am for both services.
Other details we plan to do:
- Clean and disinfect chairs, doors, and bathrooms between services
- Not serve coffee or donuts
- Have sign ups for the service you plan to attend
- Sing together! But this will look different when we meet inside, so we don’t spread germs and viruses through singing.
- Have communion together! But this will look different with pre-packaged communion.
Things we will encourage you to do:
- Attend the SAME service time every weekend. There will be ONE sign up at the beginning and you will sign up for the time you plan to come while we have this in place.
- Maintain social distancing.
- Have conversations ONLY outside of the building (not in the lobby, bathrooms, etc.)
- Wear masks if meeting inside.
- Stay home if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, shortness of breath, fever)
*Please do not self-diagnose your own symptoms and assume you absolutely know why you’re having a cough, shortness of breath, or fever. (ex: I have a cough because I have allergies. Or… I have a fever because I worked outside yesterday.) ANY symptom is a reason to sit out that weekend from ReCAST gatherings, especially if inside. If outside, perhaps driving up and staying in your car would be possible.
ReCAST Kids continues to be CANCELED for now
…but some childcare is still an option.
However, in an effort to make these gatherings accessible and possible for families with children, we will:
- Have activity and snack bags available for kids K-5th grade who stay in the service with their parents. These will be packaged a few days before Sunday so all the germs that may have been present when packed will no longer be dangerous.
- Provide childcare for babies-young 5s. This will NOT be regular ReCAST Kids. There will be no lesson or teaching. Also, we will NOT be attempting to have these kids social distance from others in the childcare room. We will have rooms divided not by age, but by family units.
- Goal: to have no more than 5 families represented in each childcare room. Sign-ups for childcare will be mandatory and first come, first serve (sign ups close on the Friday before). We would be thrilled to have NEW ReCAST KIDS VOLUNTEERS willing to help with this! If you’re 6th grade (in fall of 2020) or above and willing to help with childcare at one of the services fill out a ReCAST Kids Volunteer Application HERE!
This week (June 23), we got the equipment needed to be able to LIVESTREAM our Sunday morning gatherings! Thank you for your patience as we work to get this all set up correctly. Hopefully we’ll have everything set for this Sunday, June 28. We plan to stream the 9am service to our YouTube channel.
The sermon podcast will, of course, still be available every week.
How to pray for this transition:
- PRAISE GOD the new government guidelines allow us to meet outside in person!
- PRAISE GOD for the tremendous support and “how can I help?” attitude of many in the ReCAST Church family!
- PRAY for the noise level outside when we gather. We want to be both respectful and kind to our neighbors and follow the village noise ordinances while still making it comfortable for those in attendance to hear the music and teaching well. Don and Spencer are attempting to be proactive about this and working to contact the village before we start meeting.
- PRAY for us to have “unity of mind, sympathy, brotherly love, a tender heart, and a humble mind” toward one another when we gather back together.
- PRAY for the health and safety of our church and community.