1 Peter 3:8
“Finally, all of you, have unity of mind, sympathy, brotherly love, a tender heart, and a humble mind.”
Watch our recorded Sunday service from Sunday, June 7, for a message from Pastor Don on that verse.
We are meeting together again in person!
The two fold goal in planning for these meetings is to:
- Do the best we can to avoid spreading COVID-19…
- WHILE honoring God’s instructions to gather together.
We started meeting together again on Sunday, June 14!
We meet together in the green space next to our building. We encourage you to bring your own lawn chairs for the service, but we will have some plastic folding chairs available if needed! The goal is still to keep ourselves as spread out as possible.
We hope to set things up well so people who still need to be cautious about gathering in person can come and stay in their cars, pulling up in the parking spots facing this space, and tune their radio in to the AV. Then, hopefully, participate in the service from their car.
We have TWO SERVICES that last about an hour.
- Sunday @ 9:00am
- Sunday @ 11:00am
If it rains, or there is significant chance of rain in the forecast, we will meet inside with strict (probably uncomfortably strict) mitigation measures in place.
We would make these decisions to move inside by Sunday morning by 5:00am for both services.
Other things we do each Sunday:
- Clean and disinfect chairs, doors, and bathrooms between services
- Have sign ups for childcare ages 0-5 if you want to utilize that for your kids.
- Serve pre-packaged Sweetwater’s donut holes and coffee (we started doing this on Sunday, August 16)
- Sing together! But this will look different when we meet inside, so we don’t spread germs and viruses through singing.
- Have communion together! But this will look different with pre-packaged communion.
Things we encourage you to do:
- Maintain social distancing.
- Stay home if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, shortness of breath, fever)
ReCAST Kids continues to be CANCELED for now
…but some childcare is still an option.
In an effort to make these gatherings accessible and possible for families with children, we will:
- Have activity and snack bags available for preschool-5th graders who stay in the service with their parents. These will be packaged a few days before Sunday so all the germs that may have been present when packed will no longer be dangerous.
- Provide childcare for babies-young 5s. This is NOT regular ReCAST Kids. There will be no lesson or teaching. Also, we will NOT be attempting to have these kids social distance from others in the childcare room. We will have rooms divided not by age, but by family units.
- Goal: to have no more than 5 families represented in each childcare room. Sign-ups for childcare will be first come, first serve.
We have been working to get equipment needed for high quality live streamed but the most important piece we need is on backorder until September. Until then, we are live-streaming on Facebook Live so check out our public Facebook page for the 11am service each week. Once we get things going, we will livestream to our YouTube channel.
The sermon podcast will, of course, still be available every week by Tuesday or Wednesday.
How to pray for this transition:
- PRAISE GOD the new government guidelines allow us to meet outside in person!
- PRAISE GOD for the tremendous support and “how can I help?” attitude of many in the ReCAST Church family!
- PRAY for the noise level outside when we gather. We want to be both respectful and kind to our neighbors and follow the village noise ordinances while still making it comfortable for those in attendance to hear the music and teaching well. Don and Spencer are attempting to be proactive about this and working to contact the village before we start meeting.
- PRAY for us to have “unity of mind, sympathy, brotherly love, a tender heart, and a humble mind” toward one another when we gather back together.
- PRAY for the health and safety of our church and community.